Top 10 problems with digital files
Don't let these common challenges hold up your print job!
- Missing fonts.
- Low-resolution graphics were sent instead of high-resolution files.
- Digital files don't match the customer's supplied lasers printouts or PDFs.
- Characters were modified via the style palette (for example, bold or italic) rather than using the actual bold or italic font.
- Spot colors were produced in two different versions (for example, PMS 1955C and PMS 1955U).
- Photos don't fill out picture windows (for example, a tiny gab is left between photo and border).
- Book pages were set up as one double-sized page in reader spreads.
- Inaccurate clipping paths.
- Line art (logos) were saved in 300 dpi grayscale format, rather than 1200 dpi bitmap format.
- Not enough graphic/scan or images to meet bleed requirements.